Sunday 18 October 2015

Spring colours

After what seems like a very long, drawn out winter, Spring has finally arrived in Melbourne.  We are enjoying some seriously good weather and with daylight savings underway, longer days to enjoy it.

Here are some pics from my cottage garden.  So beautiful I just had to make the effort to capture them with the camera.  I'm sorry I don't know all the names for these flowers, I'm not much of a gardener, but aren't they gorgeous!  The hot pink roses have a gorgeous perfume :)










Also, I needed some serious stash enhancement.  Mmmmmm yes I did say I was serious!



I was really short on greens so I think now I can say that I am well equipped with green.  I'm also collecting neutrals here and there.  I see myself making this quilt, or rather my version of it, from Sunday Morning Quilts by Amanda Jean Nyberg and Cheryl Arkison.

Leaves and Vine





If you love scraps you would love this book, never fails to inspire me!  Beautiful, original, fresh quilts to utilise every last scrap - right up my alley!  I'm really enjoying immersing myself in colour of late.

Of course that's when I get all of my other projects finished bahahahaha yes I do make myself laugh sometimes.  I have been working on something else... pink and yellow has taken hold... but can't show it yet as I haven't decided what I'm doing with it yet (that's the part I hate about designing - not always being able to share what you are working on *sigh*).

I'm linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Molli Sparkles Sunday Stash.

Until next time,

Happy Stitching

Leanne x






1 comment:

  1. Your garden is looking lovely and I would guess it smells good too. Love the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete